Monday, November 8, 2010
In Depth with Michio Kaku
Original air date of Oct 3, 2010 on C-SPAN2 BookTV.
Michio Kaku talked about his life, career, and his work. He responded to telephones calls and electronic communications. Michio Kaku is a theoretical physicist and co-founder of the string field theory, a branch of the string theory. He has taught at the City College of New York for 25 years and currently holds the school's Henry Semat Chair and Professorship in theoretical physics. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard in 1968 with a B.S. in Physics and received his Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley in 1972. He is the host of two science radio shows and the Science Channel television series "Sci Fi Science." Michio Kaku is author of eight books, besides two text books:
- Beyond Einstein: The Cosmic Quest for the Theory of the Universe (1995);
- Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps, and the Tenth Dimension (1995);
- Visions: How Science Will Revolutionize the 21st Century and Beyond (1999);
- Einstein's Cosmos: How Albert Einstein's Vision Transformed Our Understanding of Space and Time (2005);
- Parallel Worlds: A Journey Through Creation, Higher Dimensions, and the Future of the Cosmos (2006);
- Physics of the Impossible: A Scientific Exploration into the World of Phasers, Force Fields, Teleportation, and Time Travel (2008).
- His forthcoming book, Physics of the Future: How Science Will Change Daily Life by 2100, is to be released in 2011.
Tags: Michio Kaku